Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I'm Back...!

Hi All,

Wow, ok, so two years went by. That happened. Sure, I've been sewing on and off, but I'm REALLY bad at keeping updated, if you guys haven't noticed. Sorry about that. But I'm compelled to try to keep up at this, if for no other reason than keeping a record for myself. If someone else finds this useful or interesting, then all the better!

So, I just made a Halloween costume that I wore to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. That was pretty neat! I'll try to write up a post on it once I get some pictures; there are (as usual) things I'd change if I did it again, but overall I think it was successful for what I needed it for.

I'm trying to ride the momentum of that project and get back into my big Tudor project. That ended up getting put on hold for a few years... Funny how that happens. I didn't have an event to wear it to that would give me a deadline, and sometimes life just gets in the way, you know?

Well, the corset is now too big and I don't think it's alterable. I've started working on a replacement for it, and then I'll know the bad news about the gown's bodice. Spoiler alert: I think it's going to need a lot of work to fit over the new corset. So we'll see how that goes. I probably should just start over, but I don't have enough of the brown gown fabric to do that, and it's been discontinued.

At any rate, I thought I'd swing by and give a bit of an update! What projects have you guys been working on? Anything for Halloween?


No comments:

Post a Comment